The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, dedicates its work to theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum science. IQOQI is pleased to invite applications for a
Postdoc Position (F * M)
(full-time / 40h per week)
in the IQOQI research group “Many-Body Quantum Optics”, led by Prof. Hannes Pichler.
- Work on theory of Rydberg atom arrays and their application for quantum simulation and quantum information processing tasks.
- Writing scientific publications
- Tutor bachelor and master students
- Attendance of conferences and workshops
- Supporting the group in administrative tasks
- PhD degree in physics with demonstrated ability for excellent research
- Highly motivated researcher with strong interested in quantum science
- Strong background in quantum optics, quantum information and/or condensed matter physics (outstanding candidates with other backgrounds will also be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Research on the forefront of quantum science
- World class, stimulating research environment
- Possibility to work in a young, diverse team
- Flextime arrangement
- Numerous social benefits for employees
We offer an annual gross salary of € 56.861,00 before taxes based on the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
We invite you to send your application, including a letter of motivation, contact details of at least two referees, your curriculum vitae and certificates to
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.