The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, dedicates its work to theoretical and experimental basic research in the areas of quantum science. IQOQI is pleased to invite applications for a
(part-time, 30h per week)
in the IQOQI research group “Many-Body Quantum Optics”, led by Prof. Hannes Pichler.
- Work on theory of quantum optical many-body systems and their application for quantum information processing tasks.
- Writing scientific publications
- Tutor bachelor and master students
- Attendance of conferences and workshops
- Supporting the group in administrative tasks
- Highly motivated student with strong interested in quantum science
- Master's degree in physics with excellent academic records
- Strong background in quantum optics, quantum information and/or condensed matter physics (outstanding candidates with other backgrounds will also be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Fulfillment of the official requirements for PhD students of the University of Innsbruck https://www.uibk.ac.at/studium/angebot/phd-physik/index.html.en
- Research on the forefront of quantum science
- World class, stimulating research environment
- Possibility to work in a young, diverse team
- Flextime arrangement
- Numerous social benefits for employees
We offer an annual gross salary of € 32.297,58, according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
We invite you to send your application, including a letter of motivation, contact details of at least two referees, your curriculum vitae and certificates to
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply