The Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Innsbruck (IQOQI-IBK) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria`s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a position as
Academy Scientist (F * M)
(full-time / 40h per week)
In experimental quantum physics with particular emphasis on dipolar quantum gases and mixtures, and Rydberg physics of multi-electron atoms. The dipolar quantum gas group at IQOQI investigates ultracold gases and mixtures of the strongly magnetic erbium and dysprosium atoms. Academy scientists generally work to the specifications of advanced scientists at the institute and are specialists in subject areas that are of great long-term importance in the research strategy of the group at which they work.
- Active research on long-term scientific research projects on dipolar quantum mixtures and multi-electron atoms, ensuring continuity in strongly project-driven fields of work of the dipolar-quantum-gas group, provide documentation, and knowledge management.
- Original research publications in leading international journals and presentation in international conferences are expected.
- Fostering cooperation with other research groups at the institute.
- Support in the supervision of PhD students and Postdocs of the group.
- Supporting and taking part in academic administration and service.
- Completed doctorate (PhD) in Physics with special focus on experimental AMO physics.
- A minimum 2-years of experience in Postdoc research position in the field of ultracold quantum gases and related fields.
- Experience in experimental quantum-gas research at an internationally competitive level, in publishing results in internationally refereed journals of high quality, and in giving scientific presentations at international conferences and workshops.
- We are seeking independent, innovative, responsible and team-oriented candidates.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English are mandatory.
- An international, ambitious environment for basic research-oriented candidates who want to perform cutting-edge research.
- A friendly and dynamic research environment and strong collaborations with many international academic partners.
- The position is advertised for 1 - 6 years with a tenure track option for a permanent employment as Senior Academy Scientist
- An annual gross salary of € 54.018,02 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
Please send your application including (1) a two-page curriculum vitae, (2) a list of publications, (3) statement of the past and current research experience (up to 2 pages), and (4) up to three names of references with the full contact information in a single PDF file via email to
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.