We are creating a new experimental group on Dipolar Quantum Gases at the IQOQI (Innsbruck, Austria). Highly motivated and enthusiastic students/researchers are encouraged to apply for one of the following openings:
- Experimental PhD position on dipolar quantum gas
- Co-supervised Theoretical PhD position on dipolar physics (supervisors: Baranov/Ferlaino/Zoller)
- Experimental Post-doc position on dipolar quantum gas
The PhD positions are for up to 4 years, while Post-Doc appointments are for 1+1 years. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The research group led by Francesca Ferlaino is jointly located at the Institute of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) and at the University of Innsbruck (Austria). The group is part of a vibrant research environment with world-leading theoretical and experimental groups in quantum optics, ultracold gases, and quantum information.
More info: www.iqoqi.at, www.ultracold.at, www.uibk.ac.at/sp-physik
We invite applications for PhD and postdoc positions to work on one of the following subjects:
- Creation of a second generation ERBIUM machine for the exploration of strongly dipolar phenomena in ultracold gases
- Quantum simulation with magnetic atoms
- Multi-electron Rydberg excitation in erbium atoms
- From weakly- to strongly-interacting dipolar gases: a theoretical study
How to Apply?
- Experimental PhD applications - containing CV, publications (if available), motivation letter, and recommendation letters - should be submitted electronically using the subject line “EXPPhD2014” by October 31th 2014
- Theoretical PhD applications - containing CV, publications (if available), motivation letter, and recommendation letters - should be submitted electronically using the subject line “THEOPhD2014” by November 30th 2014
- PostDoc applications - containing CV, publication list, past research achievements, motivation letter including future research plans, and recommendation letters - should be submitted electronically using the subject line “PostDoc2014” to by December 1st 2014
More Research Oppurtunities at FF's Group